Keto lasagna is a delicious pasta dish that can be made with various ingredients. It’s perfect for those who are on the keto diet and want to enjoy a hearty meal without having to worry about their carb intake.
The benefits of eating this type of food include:
- It will help you lose weight faster than other types of low-carb diets because it restricts your intake of carbs, which are stored as fat when eaten in excess.
- You won’t experience hunger pangs or cravings like other fad diets do because ketogenic diets have been proven effective at regulating appetite hormones such as ghrelin (the hormone responsible for stimulating hunger) and leptin (the hormone responsible for signaling satiety).
- Your energy levels will stay high throughout the day since fat is an excellent source of fuel for your body when carbohydrates aren’t available.*
- Ground beef
- Marinara sauce (or tomato sauce)
- Ricotta cheese (or cottage cheese)
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded or sliced thin
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Egg, beaten with a splash of water
Basil and oregano for topping the lasagna
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown the beef in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring often, about 5 minutes or until cooked through and no longer pink. Drain fat from pan if necessary.
- Prepare sauce by combining tomato paste, water, oregano and basil in a small bowl; set aside.
- Assemble lasagna: Place 1/3 cup sauce mixture in bottom of 8×8 baking dish; top with 3 noodles (breaking them as necessary), half of meat mixture and 1/3 cup cheese blend; repeat layers 2 more times until all ingredients are used up–ending with cheese on top! Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes until bubbling hot throughout!
Tips & Tricks
- Choose the Right Cheese
For this recipe, we used cheddar cheese because it has a strong flavor and melts well. You can use any other hard cheese that you like. For example, Swiss or Parmesan would be great options!
- Use Low-Carb Marinara Sauce
We recommend using our homemade low-carb marinara sauce for this recipe because it will give you more control over the ingredients used in your dish. It’s also easy to make in large batches so that it lasts longer than store bought sauces (which tend to have added sugars). If you don’t have time to make your own sauce from scratch then feel free to use jarred versions instead! Just look for one without any added sugars or preservatives if possible – most brands will say right on their labels whether they contain these extra ingredients or not!
This keto lasagna recipe is low in calories and high in fat, making it a great choice for those looking to lose weight. The nutritional information for this recipe is as follows:
- Calories: 566 (per serving)
- Fat: 44g (per serving)
- Carbs: 3g (per serving)
- Protein: 57g (per serving).
This keto lasagna recipe is best served with a side of salad or roasted vegetables. You can also serve it with garlic bread if you want something more filling and savory.
You can also make this recipe vegetarian or chicken-based. Just use a different kind of cheese and meat, respectively.
If you’re looking for something even more delicious, try adding spinach to your lasagna! You can do this by adding it to the sauce or layering it on top of each layer as you go along.
Storage & Reheating
Storing Keto Lasagna
Keto Lasagna should be stored in the refrigerator and eaten within 3 days of being made. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months, but we don’t recommend thawing it out before cooking because you may end up with some soggy spots on your lasagna! If you do want to freeze this recipe, make sure that you wrap each serving individually with plastic wrap before putting them all into a freezer bag or container. This will help prevent them from sticking together when they’re frozen and make them easier to remove as needed (just make sure not to let any part of the plastic touch your food).
Reheating Keto Lasagna:
If you’ve made extra servings of keto lasagna and want reheat them later on down the road, there are a few different ways that work well: 1) put them back into their baking dish; 2) cover tightly with foil; 3) bake at 350 degrees F until heated through (about 15 minutes).
Q: Can I Substitute the Ground Beef
A: Yes, you can substitute ground turkey or chicken in place of beef. If you choose to use turkey or chicken, be sure to drain off any excess fat after cooking before adding it to your lasagna mixture.
Q: Can I Make Keto Lasagna Ahead of Time?
A: Yes! You can make this dish ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to bake as directed below (the cheese will solidify). Just remember that if you do this, there will be no need for any additional baking time because everything has already been cooked and just needs reheating on a sheet pan at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes until hot throughout. This is especially helpful if cooking for large groups where everyone won’t eat at once!
Keto Lasagna is a delicious dish that you can make in your own kitchen. It’s easy to make and will fill you up with all the good stuff!
Keto Lasagna is a great way to get your daily dose of fat, protein, and carbs while staying on track with your ketogenic diet. This recipe makes enough for 4 servings so feel free to freeze some for later if needed!